SQLSaturday Atlanta 2011–advance notice
Last night a small group of us (Aaron Nelson, Audrey Hammonds, Julie Smith, Tim Radney, and me) met to discuss this yearâ€™s upcoming SQL Saturday; our goal is to make it a bigger event than last year, but still try to keep it very community-centric. Hereâ€™s a couple of bullet points that I can tease you with now:
- Weâ€™re still looking for a venue, but our hope is to have at least 7 tracks of content. We know that weâ€™re going to push for attendee numbers between 300 & 450 (limited seating in the Atlanta area).
- Our tentative date is September 24; thatâ€™s right before PASS Summit.
- Weâ€™re playing around with the idea of a pre-con on the Friday before. Deep-dive for a low-cost.
- The event shirts WILL kick a$$.
- Weâ€™re trying to figure out how to work with sponsors to make sure that they get a lot of value out of this; after all, theyâ€™re footing the bill, and we want to make sure they leave our event satisfied with the exposure they get.
- If we can swing it, weâ€™re thinking about one MAC-DADDY prize for attendees.
A lot depends on finding the right location; good location = more attendee seating = more sponsor funds. Hopefully, we can secure something in the next week or so.
Keep you posted as things develop.